It’s been a hard day’s work!

18 08 2010

Yesterday evening, after my hospital visit I received a call from my manager to tell me that today I was to go to Gozo to check out some complaints we have had there. Therefore this morning I went into work, and as soon as my manager came in we discussed the issues I need to check on in Gozo and at 8:30am I was off to catch the ferry. Once I reached the ferry, a ferry was in dock and cars were going up. However there were another 6 lanes to go up before me, and after a few minutes it left the quay. The next ferry came in, but I did not manage to make it in either…for just 6 cars…but anyways. Finally the 3rd boat came in and off I went. On the ferry I met up with Lara (a BSc friend) and we had a good chat and at long last at 11am I arrived in Gozo…WEEEEEEEEEE!!

I made my way up to Arkadia, where I was to meet my contact, Leli. He is a sales guy responsible for Gozo. He told me he will be there in about 10mins. So I went around the shops, and met up with Clarissa, who is on holiday in Gozo with her family. As soon as Leli called me I met up with him, and we went to the first shop. We then left to see the Gozo Warehouse, since he needed to take some money there and then went to the second shop. We arrived at the shop at 11:45am…but it was closed…hmmmmmmmm…he should close at noon :S…well we tried calling him but to no avail. I called my manager and he tried contacting him as well…but he was also unsuccessful.

Me and Leli went to another shop, in the vicinity since he had some work to do. By this time my manager called back and told me to stay in Gozo till 4pm, when the shop opens again. Hmmm…what to do? So Leli took me back to Arkadia, where I again met up with Clarissa et al and had a good chat till about 2:15pm. At this time, my mum (she has gone up to Gozo for the next 5 days or so) smsd saying she arrived in Gozo…weeeeeeeeee…I told her to come to Arkadia to meet up, so the friends she was with left her at Arkadia. She arrived and off we went to Marsalforn…as soon as I arrived at the flat I looked around and found an old swim suit (from when I was around 12 years old)…I managed to fit into it, and told mum to go swimming.

Off we went to Qbajjar, which is a rocky beach next to the flat. We spent around 30mins swimming, then went up again went to her friends’ flat (about 30sec away from my aunt’s flat where my mum is staying) and chatted a bit. However 4pm was close approaching. So I called Leli again and told him I will be meeting him next to the Nadur Church. He said ‘bully’ (his exact words hihi), I had a shower and changed to my work clothes again, and off we went to the shop.

The guy was there luckily this time, and he was quite nice (other people said he was very very angry etc etc)…I took the details of his complaint and made my way back to Malta. This time the trip was easier haha…just arrived at the ferry, paid my fee and went straight up on the ferry. Then back to work, and I am finally home!

It was a great ‘day at work’ hihi…tiring but fun, for days like this when you know that you are still leaving, other people are taking care of your jobs back at the office, and therefore do not have to worry about time lost…WEEEEEEEEEE




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: